Discipline Hopping Exchanges (DHEs)
Discipline Hopping Exchange (DHE) Funding - Call is Open
The ImagingBioPro Network has funding for up to 30 exchanges to stimulate inter-disciplinary research on imaging of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal processes, with a core focus on using the UK’s Large Facilities (e.g. Diamond Light Source, ISIS Neutron Source, and the Central Laser Facilities). The DHE grants will cover travel and subsistence costs for a day to a few weeks, normally with a maximum of £750. This includes movement of academics, medics, industrialists, PDRA’s and PhD students between groups with different disciplines or to/from Large Facilities.
Funding is available to IBP members only. Membership is free and you can register here. The exchanges must be inter-disciplinary, and it is hoped that many of these exchanges will lead to new collaborations, some of which may be funded via ImagingBioPro Proof of Concept Award (available soon).
- Funding is available to a maximum of £750/DHE for travel and subsistence only.
- At least 10 DHEs will be available each year, facilitating idea exchange and bid development.
- The exchange visits will be an open call – submissions can be made at any time. The panel will normally meet 6 (six) times per year.
- This is an open call award – applications can be submitted at any time.
- Please download DHEs_Funding_Application_Form
- Completed applications should be emailed to Imagingbiopro@gmail.com and include in the subject – DHE Application
- Panel will normally meet 6 times per year to decide on awards.
The applications will be judged on their fit to the following criteria:
- Scientific excellence
- Use of large facilities
- Fit to TTL remit
- Involvement of early career researchers
- At least one academic partner
- Clear future impacts
All publications arising from these exchanges should acknowledge the MRC/EPSRC/BBSRC ImagingBioPro grant (MR/R025673/1). (E.g. state "This work was funded in part by the MRC/EPSRC/BBSRC ImagingBioPro grant MR/R025673/1").